power heads for a 55g freshwater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
are power heads nessicary.? I have 6 pristella tetras
5.goldbarbs
2 angels
3 platies
1 raphael catfish.
or is it a bad idea?
any help appreciated!:)
please.:3

I don't think it will hurt. What are you thinking of using one for? I have one Koralia 750 in my 75 gallon African Cichlid tank to try and help with any dead spots.

just some current in the tank. I have 350 bio wheel. and a fluval 406. but I will be taking off the 350 because its noisey. and to fill in that spot I wanna put a power head in.

awilson133 said:
just some current in the tank. I have 350 bio wheel. and a fluval 406. but I will be taking off the 350 because its noisey. and to fill in that spot I wanna put a power head in.

I think using a power head will be just fine. Just watch your fish and make sure it's not bothering them that's all. My fish swim right into the current.

Convict2161 said:
I think using a power head will be just fine. Just watch your fish and make sure it's not bothering them that's all. My fish swim right into the current.

okay will do. I looked up the koralia 750 and the cheapest is on ebay 29.99.

awilson133 said:
okay will do. I looked up the koralia 750 and the cheapest is on ebay 29.99.

That's a good price. I like the koralias because of the magnet and suction cup. There quite too.

Convict2161 said:
That's a good price. I like the koralias because of the magnet and suction cup. There quite too.

are they? cause that would be nice since my 55g Is in my bedroom..and I have a 29g running as well. so quite is a must

awilson133 said:
are they? cause that would be nice since my 55g Is in my bedroom..and I have a 29g running as well. so quite is a must

It's just me but those are my power head of choice.

Back
Top Bottom