Powerhead failure :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senemedar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all!

My AguaStyle 980T powerhead has died this morning, after merely 3 years of work :/ It was pumping the water to the spray bar above the tank, and the water is going down through set of sponges and ceramic rings.

I have a small replacement filter that can keep the tank going till I get the replacement, but it only has the room for the sponges (I tried to cram as much of original sponges in there as possible), but I can't fit the ceramic rings anywhere. So my question is, what to do with the ceramic rings? How long till the bacterias on those die, and what to do to prevent it? Should I submerge the rings in the tank for now? How long can I keep it like that? (It'll be at least two or maybe even three days before I can do anything about the filter :( )

I would put the rings in a filter bag or even a toe of pantyhose and try to hang in front of the output of the filter you have going now . Should be fine for days .

Back
Top Bottom