Powerhead question......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only had 2 out of I don't know how many, but I have 24 tanks and all I had to do was replace the impellers.

Some of the powerheads have little plastic bushing in which the shaft seats into at both ends, check to make sure the bushing is in place (May be molded into the housing or removable) and not out of round if all is good put it back together then place it in the tank and try it. If it still rattles try unplugging and plugging it back in several times in succession. I have new Koralias and find if they start wrong unplugging then plugging them in several times cures the problem. Even try tapping it firmly while its running.

Well, just my luck, lol. The Penguin PH is starting to rattle and it's only been running overnight, lol. I just knew I was going to have bad luck with it, as I've had one before and it did the same thing. Guess I'll have to deal with it til I get something diffferent later. Maybe as some of the crud builds up in it it will quiet down, lol.

Back
Top Bottom