Powerhead questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
All,

To those following my cycling tials and tribulations, the good news is my nitrites are coming down. So it seems the end times are near with regard to my cycle. In any event, per Steve's recommendation, I threw some frozen brine into the tank for some good measure.

Onto my new quandaery. I get the impression that my flow rate may not be adequate for my tank (120 FOWLR) with 2 RIO 200s (200 gph ea.) and an IWAKI MD20RXLT (500 gph), so I'm thinking of getting either 2 Maxijet 1200s or 2 Hagen 802s.

Question 1: Is it a toss up between the 2 PHs mentioned above? It sounds like the Hagen is bulkier but offers a higher flow rate. To me, PHs are unsightly enough and take away from the natural aesethics of the tank, but what can you do?

Question 2: Should I keep the Rio 200s in the tank and have a total of 4 PHs?

Question 3: What am I trying to achieve with the ditrection of these PHs? Just moving water around or moving the water in a specific direction (ie., clockwise, back and forth)

Question 4: Do you aim these PHs at each other from oppostie sides, caddy corner or at diffenrt depths..

Thx

Mike
Cherry Hill NJ

Back
Top Bottom