powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if I am correct you want 23-30 times water turnover. So that would be about 2875-3750gph including your main circulation pump from sump! I love the Hydor Koralia's I wish I could afford VorTech's!

if I am correct you want 23-30 times water turnover. So that would be about 2875-3750gph including your main circulation pump from sump! I love the Hydor Koralia's I wish I could afford VorTech's!

The Koralia's are the best powerhead for the money I would suggest 4-5 powerheads instead of a couple of big ones. You have more control over the flow that way. maybe 2 K-2's and 2 K-3's or 1 and 3 or better yet 5 k-2's you will be happier with the control that can be achieved with more power heads.

Hey fellow NEPA reefer. ;) Where exactly ar you located? I'm right outside Wilkes-Barre.
What are the dimensions of the tank? It doesn't sound like a typical 125g tank being only 4' long. Anyway, I would go with no less than 2 Koralia 4's to start with and maybe more depending on what type of corals you plan on getting.

i live right in scranton, i grew up in the pittson/wb area tho. yea the tanks kinda short and tall. the exact dimensions are 48 inches long 18 and a half inches wide and 32 and a half inches tall. ive got the nova extreme pro T5HO lighting setup which i think should be enough to get light all the way down to the bottom when need be. also i decided to go with 2 koralia 4's for now.

I got a topfin powerhead 30 for my 29gal tank. Is it completely submersible? Can i put it in th bottom of tank? Scared to try that..

Put it anywhere you like. Just be careful if you have a sandy bottom. Otherwise, put it at the bottom, turn it upside down, whatever you like. And btw if I were you, take it back if you can and get a Koralia Nano. They are about 35 dollars and push so much more water than the topfin, clog less and are more versatile. Unless you need it for an UG filter, traditional powerheads are useless imo.

Cool Thanks.. I bought it like 2 weeks back from petsmart.. not sure if they will take it back. Let me try..

Back
Top Bottom