Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

77mfan20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 30 gallon. I just got a powerhead. I got a nudie koralia eveloution 550 gph. I have it at the right side and I'm pushing water towards the left where the filter is. I don't know what I should do. I have 3 options. Keep it were it is. Or keep it and get another 250 nano and point them at the glass. Or should I get rid of the 550 and get two 425 or two 250 nanosecond and point them at the glass. I'm not that experienced so yea. Thanks.

77mfan20 said:
Have a 30 gallon. I just got a powerhead. I got a nudie koralia eveloution 550 gph. I have it at the right side and I'm pushing water towards the left where the filter is. I don't know what I should do. I have 3 options. Keep it were it is. Or keep it and get another 250 nano and point them at the glass. Or should I get rid of the 550 and get two 425 or two 250 nanosecond and point them at the glass. I'm not that experienced so yea. Thanks.

hydor* not nudie

If it's within your budget. Take whatever pumps you have back to the store and get yourself 1 mp10.

If not, then 2 425's I think would be better as it would help create more random flow then just 1 on one side.

I'm no expert though just giving you my opinion.

I'll probly just get one 250 nano or a small one and put it on the filter side then. I just don't want it over power the tank and effect filtration, corals or fish.

77mfan20 said:
I'll probly just get one 250 nano or a small one and put it on the filter side then. I just don't want it over power the tank and effect filtration, corals or fish.

You'd be surprised as to what they can take. I was very very unhappy with the nano power heads. I felt I could breath harder then them.

Alright well I'll get the 450 evo then I'll have the 550 one way towards the bottom and across. I'll have the 450 go against it and aim it high that should be good for my tank.

77mfan20 said:
Alright well I'll get the 450 evo then I'll have the 550 one way towards the bottom and across. I'll have the 450 go against it and aim it high that should be good for my tank.

IMO you'll be much happier going that route and so will your tank.

Back
Top Bottom