Powerheads: best flow for your dough!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

audifusion

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have 4 3200gph sun sun powerheads from eBay running on my 800 gallon tank.

They seem good, but are huge in size and tough to cover up.

so I figured.

Let's get a thread going on reasonably priced powerheads.

I'm looking for some more flow, but don't want any more eyesores and don't want to pay a fortune (ecotech vortech).

That's hard, it's what everyone else wants too lol,

Maybe hydor koralia pumps. Although the larger gph models are not exactly small.

To tell the truth I have never seen the point in power heads internal filters do a job and filter to

The eheim 2252 is a top internal prob the best on the market

800 gal tank with power heads wow

I just can't justify spending $700+ on one powerhead to put out 5000 gph when I can buy 2 sun sun from ebay for $32 and get 6400gph

T1KARMANN said:
To tell the truth I have never seen the point in power heads internal filters do a job and filter to

The eheim 2252 is a top internal prob the best on the market

800 gal tank with power heads wow

For a reef tank you need a lot of flow/currant in the tank. Different corals require high flow rates. The eheim pump is only like 300gph, just out of my return pump I get 5500gph, add on the powerheads another 13000gph.

Still not enough

I got a used set of tunze 6100's and controller for $300 on ebay, they are a little old, but work great and didn't cost a fortune.
The controller alone was $300 new.

Back
Top Bottom