Powerstrip, surge protector, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TreyC2010

Aquarium Advice Regular
What's the best way to hook up multiple things in our tanks? I know power strips will be the least safe but I'd like to know what's the best to run all of our equipment. If you can give pictures then that'd be great. I have a surge protector with everything except my return pump on it but it flips my gfci when my lights come on. Just trying to find out what you "pros" have going on. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I changed out all my electric plug outfits with GFO's around all my tanks than I used a plug in adapter to convert from a 2 outlet to a 6 outlet receptacle to avoid all those extra wires , no wires off outlet except plugs for pumps , heater , lights gives a more cleaner look and knowing the outlet will pop if there's a problem

I have a very complicated system of wires, strings (to hold wires) power strips and timers going lol :D

I have a very complicated system of wires, strings (to hold wires) power strips and timers going lol :D

Me too :D I had a power strip that gave power to a TV, 2 Xbox's, subwoofer, sound bar, 2 tanks (2 filters, air pump, heater, and 2 lights) along with a charging station. All through one outlet.

Caleb

I'm all for the power strips if everyone else uses it. I just googled and that's what I saw. Stupid Google. Is it better to switch my outlet to gfci vs a gfci plug?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Gfci outlet is better. Plug is good for temporary if you move it around.
I prefer a power strip for each tank. Easier to not forget heaters during water changes.

Back
Top Bottom