Premier brand RO system at costco-Is it any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Limpet

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to get the usual at my local Costo and found this in the racks. Planning on getting one anyway and wondered if this one is worth $200? No shipping charge is worth paying a bit more to me.

TIA

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110404_153101.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110404_153101.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 109
  • ForumRunner_20110404_153137.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110404_153137.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 83
Looks to be an RO only... which isn't really all that great. You only keep fw right? You don't want to mess with RO/DI in fw unless you have some really funky stuff going on, or you're keeping super sensitive fish (discus is the only one that comes to mind).

mfdrookie516 said:
Looks to be an RO only... which isn't really all that great. You only keep fw right? You don't want to mess with RO/DI in fw unless you have some really funky stuff going on, or you're keeping super sensitive fish (discus is the only one that comes to mind).

Wasn't sure if the systems with the big tank were RO or RO/DI.

I'm putting together a brackish system now (GSP) and future plans for a 29g SW so I'm planning ahead. Plus the buffers in my water supply are tough (GH of 120), so I was going test doing a 60/40 of tap/RO for my fresh tanks. My pH is 7.8 at best and the Cardinal Tetras are max 7.4 pH from everything I could find on them.

RO/DI units sometimes come with those big tanks. Since RO is known for being the more drinkable one, it usually comes with RO systems. So if the RO/DI system includes a drinking water kit, it comes with the tank.

jenatronQT3.14159 said:
RO/DI units sometimes come with those big tanks. Since RO is known for being the more drinkable one, it usually comes with RO systems. So if the RO/DI system includes a drinking water kit, it comes with the tank.

Gotcha. I want to have the unit in place and know it before I do my SW for sure and was told it's better for GSP too.

Back
Top Bottom