Prev gen mag 350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinchi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have stumbled across a used prev generation? (maybe) Magnum 350 canister filter.

When I inquired about price the guy asked me for a reasonable offer. I had no idea what a reasonable price would be.

i ask all of you. what should I offer this guy?

thank you,

J

I got an old 350 for $10 at a garage sale .....

It depends on what comes with it. If it is just the filter body, I wouldn't offer more than $10 ... It will cost you at least $50 to DIY all the rest of the plumbing to make it usable.

If it is in really good condition (check all the gaskets! those go for $20 if you have to replace all of them), with all the hoses & the quick connect sets (x2), intake & outflow, media basket & filter (+/- wet/dry & gravel vac attachment), then maybe $40 is a fair price. <Considering that it is $85 new at Big Al's.>

I personally find the Magnum 350 very finicky to use & prime, & it is not as versatile as the Filstars or the Fluvals, so I wouldn't pay too much for a used one.

J...., after posting this on several forums, you have given me the best advice overall, even some tips on what I need to look for.

You just came later than the other responses.

Thank you,

J

Back
Top Bottom