Problems with Current USA MH Orbit Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyH5512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had my Current USA Orbit 48" MH light fixture for 13 months now. Tonight I came home to find only one of the actinics on (out of the 4 actual tubes in the unit). Good thing, I'm thinking because I recently bought new bulbs. However even with the new ones I am having the same issue. I believe that a ballast has gone bad after 13 months. Go figure, as the warranty is 12 months. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? TIA.

Andy

Try cleaning the contacts and making sure everything is solidly connected? I'm not real familiar with the fixture, does each bulb have a seperate ballast, or one ballast with multiple outputs?

I believe the ballasts are for the MH...right, at least that is how it is on my 72inch fixture....?

actinics are florecent? Then they need a ballast too. Diffrent kind of ballast, might be smaller...

dskidmore said:
actinics are florecent? Then they need a ballast too. Diffrent kind of ballast, might be smaller...
DUH! LOL! I forgot, nice catch!

I believe that there are at least two separate ballasts (one for the MH's and one for the Actinics), if not more. I didnt want to dig too deep into the fixture while I was changing the bulbs last night. The LFS thinks it is a ballast issue as well.

Depends on how it's wired. I've had bulb lighting issues that were contact problems before. Some cleaning and tightening is much cheaper than a new ballast, if that's all that's wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom