Proper installation of Bulkhead fittings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

n2b8u

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I purchased a 30 Gallon tank, stand, overflow box,wet/dry filter, skimmer, heater, mag7 pump(broken) VHO light 2 blue 2 white for the grand total of 75.00. This will be my first ssaltwater tank. A former employee of the LFS owned it and had mushrooms and a huge piece of coral growing on the side(before he scrapped if off.)
The tank had a ton of silt in the sand plus worms running everywhere. I decided to tank it apart to clean and scrape the tank. When I did I saw a piece of glass siliconed to the bottom corner underneath there were 2 holes drilled. So I ordered 2 bulkhead fittings.

The longwinded question here is how Do I correctly install them. Silicone after they are in, teflon tape threads, nothing?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104871473888434759242/albums/5778961582595443345

You just have to screw the bulkhead fittings in. No silicon is required. They should be tight, but not over torqued.

Every bulkhead I've used had a gasket with it. Just be sure to put the threads out of the tank unless the directions specifically say otherwise (like glass-holes). If you tighten too tight, you'll crack the glass... speaking from experience there.

Back
Top Bottom