Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madlynb

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is the purpose for the foam piece around the out pipe of the ASM G-3 protein skimmer?

OK, here are a couple more questions. Everything is setup in my sump and running. My skimmer is not producing any bubbles inside the main canister. I am confused about the whole refugium concept. I am feeding water into my refugium via a tee off the return pump. But how does the filtration that the refugium provides get into the main tank? Am I to have a pump going from refugium into main tank? Does the water just rise over the divider, feed into the return pump area and that is how the main tank gets the advantage of the filtration the refugium provides?

If there are no bubbles in the chamber that means its not getting air injected. I haven't used one before (FW is all i can afford) but I think you need to adjust the air inlet valve or make sure the venturi is clear.

Also from what I understand, the refugium should be close to a sump so the water can be discharged back into the sump then back up into the aquarium. A tee off the incoming water pipe should go into the refugium then the refugium should have some sort of overflow back into the sump.

(I may be wrong but thats pretty much what I've seen)

hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom