Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davez79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I am looking at getting a protein skimmer and right now I can't afford a good one. I keep seeing one on ebay for $39 its called a best choice skimmer. Has anyone used one I can't seem to find any kind of reviews on them.

Hi I am looking at getting a protein skimmer and right now I can't afford a good one.
trust me your not alone .

be aware there is a lot of garbage skimmers out there on ebay / amazon ect , they claim they work great but half the time they leak , overflow or don't do as good a job as it should , but like it is always said you get what you pay for ,

I tried several skimmers under $50. all were junk !!!

then I found the sea clone I have the 150 model paid $109. . its no Cadillac but it works

took a bunch of fine tuning to get it to work right but I got it working,

its not the best skimmer out there but for the money it works just fine. as long as it does its job it was worth the $109. in my book ,

trust me when I say:

spend a few extra bucks get something that you know will work right the first time and you'll be satisfied with !!!

click link:

Aquarium Filtration & Water Quality: SeaClone Protein Skimmer

hope my input helped

JOHN

(Who ever said starting a saltwater tank was cheap needs their head examined:fish2:)

I believe nest choice skimmers are the odyssea brand as well. You might try their website, Aquatraders - Guaranteed Best Prices on Aquarium Lightings + Free Shipping!

To be honest I went with a $40 skimmer off ebay and it absolutely was horrible. I would say to go without and save up for a decent one rather than waste your $40 on a crappy one. Just keep up on your water changes and don't overfeed! lol

Thanks both of you I will listen to your advice and hold off and save up.

Back
Top Bottom