protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramonbetz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
where can i get inexpensive proteinn skimmer? even on amazon they $100 and up oh and what brand should i get?

my local fish stores are more expensive then amazon evern on there used aquarium stuff.

were not a big saltwater community one saltwater store in the whole town of pueblo colorado lol

Unfortunately an inexpensive skimmer will most likely be rubbish and you'll have wasted your money. Worth investing in a good one - is it going in sump? Or HoB? How big is your tank?

its gonna be a sump but im open to hob if its less expensive

Try looking on eBay or Craigslist u might find a good one for cheap especially if it is used

whats a good brand to look for there aint **** on craigs unless i wanna drive 3oo miles

whats a good brand to look for there aint **** on craigs unless i wanna drive 3oo miles

There are probably some good brands out there as well but check out reef octopus skimmers I hear there reall good

What do you want to spend and how big is your tank? Look at bulk reef supply, dr foster and smith or the name of the skimmer you like and google it. Reef octopus, SWC or aqua remora are a few.

which protein skimmer u use?

I don't use one on my 30 gallon i use a canister filter and I don't know if I will be using one on my new 125 Iam setting up. My lfs which is specialized in marine biology they use a refugium with a wet dry filter for there 180 or around that and it looks wonderful I didn't see a skimmer and there refugium probably wasn't bigger than a 20. I will ask him Saturday or so if I should add one but I would probably go with reef octopus if I could.

ya wweree just starting out with refugium sump in time welll get a skimmer

our sump is a 29 gallon our saltwater is a 72 gallon bowfreont

Back
Top Bottom