Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edward2788

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a instant ocean protein skimmer it was on for almost 2months and never had bubbles and this morning my floor was full of water from the skimmer. The skimmer started making bubbles but it filled the cup with water and caused it to overflow. What should I do?

Sounds like you need to adjust the air intake, are you getting any micro bubbles in the chamber or are they large bubbles

Sounds like you need to adjust the air intake, are you getting any micro bubbles in the chamber or are they large bubbles

The problem is its huge bubbles that are basically all water and makes the cup overflow

It being a SeaClone aside... All skimmers have to go through a "breaking in" period when new or just thoroughly cleaned. It can take a few days to many weeks for this to happen. Chances are it just wasn't "broken in" yet and then it just clicked and started producing. During "break in" you have to run the water level in the chamber low or risk an overflow. Dig out the directions and read up on how to adjust the unit.

There is an airline tubing attached to the pump. At the tip of that tube there is a small plastic knob. Turn it slowly counter clockwise until the large bubbles are replaced with much smaller bubbles.

hi, i just got a Seaclone skimmer yesterday and installed last night. does your skimmer rattle when turned on? is there any modification that you did to your skimmer?

Back
Top Bottom