Protein skimmer caused micro bubbles, help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zaneazp7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just recently bought an ns-80 reef octopus protein skimmer which sounded like a pretty good one for its price but I noticed a bunch of microbubbles right as I turned it on. The instructions that came with it were horrible so I may have set it up wrong (I looked at the picture and matched it). I have also heard that they need to be broken in which could be the solution. I tried putting it into a different tank that has nothing in it other than the water from my tank but bubbles still remain in my current tank. Any sort of movement such as a rock moving brings out a bunch of bubbles everywhere. Is there any way I can get rid of them? Not to mention one of my fish just died after noticing there were bubbles all over it. Any help will be appreciated, thanks

Mine did that for a few weeks. Last time it was doing that the bubbles went away after a top-off

I get lots of bubbles in my tank after a WC, and refill. I believe it is co2 being injected into the tank with the refill water. It goes away after a few hrs. The bubbles do attach to the fish also.

Back
Top Bottom