Protein Skimmer Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayinked

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a guestion for everyone. I have a coralife super skimmer. It is using a needle wheel pump. The pump is starting to act up and not producing foam like it use to. my guestion is can I do away with the needle wheel and use a different type of pump? I placed the skimmer in my wet/dry filter water level is alittle low for a needle wheel pump between top offs and water changes, but worked good when water in sump is at the right level.

Attachments

• new sump 005.jpg
    new sump 005.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 81
That skimmer really isn't worth buying a new pump for, especially for on a 125g tank. I would highly suggest getting a good skimmer instead of a different pump for a bad skimmer.

How deep in the water does the pump have to be on the octopus line of skimmers? I only have around 8in of water in sump at max water level.

I noticed that they have both a needle wheel and a recirculating skimmer. Which one would work better for a FOWLR tank?

They both have needlewheel pumps. 1 is made to run inside your sump, and the recirculating model is run outside your sump.

Back
Top Bottom