Protein skimmers???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
What protein skimmers are good brand but aren't that expensive?

My Eshopps psk-150 (for my 125g) is good. :) I like it, and if asked I would probably recommend it too!
I don't remember the exact price though, I want to say $159.99.

Ok thanks man, I'm trying to see how many other brands that re good so I could compare

I've had a Corallife super skimmer 125 running constantly for over 6 years. Ive never had any issues with it. It's one of the cheaper skimmers On the market and I'm sure there are better, but for the money( think I got it for like 130 on sale) it's performed great!
I'm now looking for another skimmer, as this one is under-sized for my 180g reef, and am considering the Corallife 220 because of the performance and longevity of the 125.

Great info, thanks man, I was looking at the coralife but I wanted to see if anybody could tell me anything about it and u certainly did

I also have the coralife 125 super skimmer. I bought it used about 6 months ago and it is going strong!

I use a reef octopus and it works awesome. I have it on a heavily stock 150 gallon and it puls alot if stuff from the water

I would strongly advise not to get a Coralife SuperSkimmer. They aren't worth the money. You would be better off saving a little more and getting a good skimmer. I had 1 and they are only good if you have nothing to compare it with. Currently I'm running an Octopus Extreme XS 200 on my 125 and it's a great skimmer.
Reef Octopus Diablo XS 200 Protein Skimmer - English

Back
Top Bottom