Protein Skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering wut a good protein skimmer would be for a 75gal fish only aquarium. I have heard many things about many skimmers and its hard to judge whats good or not because everyone says something different. I have heard that Aqua Medic makes a good one and the coral life super skimmer is good. Any impute is much appreciated. Also will i be able to use the same skimmer if i switch my tank to a reef tank in the future? Thanx

I have heard that you should use a protein skimmer that is rated for 6 times the amount of gallons that ur tank is. Has anyone else heard this? I am probably going to get a Coralife Super Skimmer because a few people have told me that they are good now. Should i go with the 125 or the 220??

6 times the amount rated for the skimmer is a little much. There is a debate of whether or not you can overskim but that is an overkill. I think twice the manufacturer's reccomendation is more sufficient to your needs.

Back
Top Bottom