Protein Skimmers Red Sea Prizm Pro? What Do You Think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Red Sea Protein SKimmer Pro Deluxe and I am pretty happy with it except when I cleaned it today (The Collection Cup) and put it back the collection cup is filling rapidly I don't know why all of a sudden it isn't working as b4 I cleaned it. It is odd. What do you people think about Protein Skimmers? Meaning what do you suggest is the best Protein Skimmer in your opinion?? Thanks

The one you have is excellent. I have one sitting on the refugium of a 220g and it only needs to be run for a couple hours every couple days. It runs best after its developed a layer of slime on the collection cup and tubular pieces that connect to it. You'll also have to adjust the amount of spray induction to make sure you're only collecting the mucky stuff (not light brown water, but thick, brown muck).

I wouldn't trade what you have... tho it is rather large, it does the job, just like many other skimmers.

Well what I can tell you is that my Prizm Deluxe (the basic, not the larger capacity Pro model) was the biggest waste of $70, and I'm thankful that someone who knew it wasn't the best skimmer was still willing to buy it off me for $40 after a few months of use.

The cheapest skimmer I'd ever recommend is a CPR bak-pak 2R, particularly a 'factory second', as they are only $100 and skim 5x better than a Prizm.

Back
Top Bottom