Protien Skimmer Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Seaclone 100 skimmer. It was working fine for about 6 weeks. I emptied and cleaned the collection cup about 3 weeks ago and now I'm getting nothing at all. Bubbles in the chamber look good, but its not collecting anything. I've taken it apart and cleaned everything. Still nothing. I've adjusted the airflow every other day to try to get it to work. Still nothing. I know the Seaclone sucks. I should have done my research before buying it. I have 2 questions.

1. I'm getting rid of this piece of junk. I'm looking at either the Reef Octopus BH 2000, or the Aqua C Remora. Any thoughts on which is better?

2. It's going to be a few more weeks before I have the cash for a new skimmer. Anyone have any advise on how to get the Seaclone to work till I get the new one?

Reef Octo alllll day long. I have the BH1000 and its awesome. In terms of the sea clone, stop cleaning it. Every time you clean it, it will basically stop skimming and will need to break in again. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom