Pump for water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thanks to gravity, siphoning out the water is easy :)

I'm getting tired of using a 1 gallon jug to add the newly mixed water back into the tank, though. Can anyone recommend a good pump that can sit in the bottom of my mixing container (a 20 gallon Brute), which can pump back up and into my tank? I don't have a sump on this tank, so there's about 5 feet of head pressure. The Marineland MaxiJet 1200 looks like it could be up to the task, and at less than $30, I'm ok with trying it.

I just set up a 22 gal brute barrel myself.. I got a hydor 350 off amazon.. it works pretty well.. 6' out and 3' up it pushes almost 1.5 gal/min.. it was cheap so I'm very happy with it.. I hooked up a foot pedal switch so it's hands free..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Another Hydor pump, the L30, looks like it can do what I need, and it's not too pricey. I'm going to check my LFS to see if they have it.

It's a hydrafarm, sorry..

I picked up the L30 from Marine Depot. Should be here next week. I'm looking forward to not lugging jugs anymore :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh man, you'll be loving it when it's time for that wc you just don't feel like doing.. if you're interested in the foot switch let me know.. enjoy

The foot switch sounds interesting...what kind and how is it rigged (ie, a dead-man type, or a push-on/push-off type)?

I'll post a pic later but it's basically a light switch.. one of the long flat type on a shallow work box, it cost about $20 for everything, I opted for the heavier grounded cord.. it works great..

Yep, I used a black version though, white would have made more sense for sharpie marking purposes.

Just so happens it's wc time! !!

Attachments

• 1401741415377.jpg
    1401741415377.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 1401741429000.jpg
    1401741429000.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 1401741440650.jpg
    1401741440650.jpg