Pump issue diagnostics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Overfilter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Without launching into what my wife calls "painful detail", I'll say this: The pumps I'm asking after aren't being used on my tank, but I couldn't think of a better place to ask this.

My setup is 2xdistribution pump mounted in a parallel delivery manifold. I had to restart these pumps today. An unsual thing to do since they normally run 24/7. In parallel they rate just short of 40ft of head pressure. I had thought their output was clearly visible in the reservoir they deliver to. After restart the view in the resevoir is a near-maelstrom of water, perhaps twice what what I'm used to seeing. It goes without saying that I'd like to see these pumps continue to function at this level.

This may be germane: Power for the pumps is supplied through molex connections that APPEAR to be working properly (molex is an old form of power connection and can/has malfunctioned). The device that's supported by the output of this contraption doesn't report any discernable change in performance.

Any ideas about what I can do to suss out this issue are welcome. Any further questions about the situation would be welcomed as well.

Back
Top Bottom