Pump to push water 4 fet up and into tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimsz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am wanting to make water changes easier for my current tank and the larger one we will migrate to later this summer.

We will have a 50gal water container under the aquarium where the water will be brought to temp, treated, etc and after the weekly water change this will be the replacement water that is pumped into the aquarium.

I have tried a small "pump" but it simply does not have the power to push the water straight up 4+ feet.

My next thought is a utility pump.

Anyone have any thoughts? Refilling via the python is not an option as the only water supply only has a gallon heater attached. The holding tank is needed in order to have the new water brought to temp.

Last edited:
Mag 1.5 or better
Taam Rio 800 or better
Eheim 1048 Utility or better
Eheim 600 Compact or better
Maxi-Jet 900 or better

There's a start for you. There are so many more and I am getting tired of typing them up. ;) Any pump suitable for use in a sump will work. Do a bit of searching to find one for the money you want to spend, they will have the head height listed in the specs. Good luck.

Idk if this will help, but I thought I'd put it out there.
I have 2 maxi-jet 600's, leftover from a recent upgrade. One wouldn't do what you are talking about, but when I use both, 1 pushing from the bottom, and 1 pulling in the tank, it works!!
If you have an extra pump laying around, you've got it!

Back
Top Bottom