Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tategrant

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is a good pump that I can use to put water back into my tank after water changes? Also any recommendations on sump pumps?

How high will you need to pump it and how fast do you want to do it? I use an old Hagen 402 to pump into my sump.

As far as return pumps, the Danner Supreme Mag Drives are very durable, but tend to be loud and run hot. Eheims I hear are very quiet, and I know the brand to be reputable.

I'm using an Aqueon and a Rio in my 75. The Aqueon is a little quieter than my Mag Drive, but I think is actually more powerful than the similarly sized Rio, which is the quietest of the three brands I've used personally. Unfortunately, my experience with the durability of the Rios has been less than stellar.

Another brand I'd consider is Quiet One by Lifegard.

From the sump to the return its about 4 feet and it's a 90 gallon tank... Which would be the most efficient? And what do you use for putting water that goes away from evap and water changes?

Eheim compact 1000 to put water back in after water change cheap £25

Sump pump eheim compact 5000 a bit more expencive £85

Eheim compact 1000 to put water back in after water change cheap £25

Sump pump eheim compact 5000 a bit more expencive £85

The first one is just a circulation pump? It pumps water out of a container and into the tank?

Yes that's the cheap one just put it in the water container then connect a hose

To tell the truth now I think about it the head height is not that good on the one

The eheim compact 5000 will be good for the sump with low running costs

Yes that's the cheap one just put it in the water container then connect a hose

To tell the truth now I think about it the head height is not that good on the one

The eheim compact 5000 will be good for the sump with low running costs

Is the 1000 good for replacing water into my tank or is it not powerful enough?

Well turns over 250 gal per hour so depends how fast you want it

I think the head height is very low like 1 m

The 5000 does 1300 gal per hour with a head height of 4m

Well turns over 250 gal per hour so depends how fast you want it

I think the head height is very low like 1 m

The 5000 does 1300 gal per hour with a head height of 4m

So with the 1000 it means the main part can only be lower than the tank by 1 meter?

if your on a budget i use an old power head off of a down spout . and it pumps prity fast

Back
Top Bottom