Python adaptor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zuzkots

Aquarium Advice Regular
I really want to buy a python, but our faucets don't have any threads on them. Is there an adaptor that would work on this type of faucet?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392811434.346822.jpg

Python makes this universal adapter for faucets without or damaged threads. You just clamp on the rubber boot to your faucet. Looking at your picture, I'm not sure if there is enough of a neck to attach it to but worth a try.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392821928.486779.jpg
What about your bathroom sink if close enough?

You can put a wye on your washing machine hookups, then wye them together and get a mix of hot and cold... would only work for filling up. I always used the hose and siphoned out a window or in to a toilet or something for draining anyways. Or, you could always get a cheap faucet that has threads on it.

The Claber Koala might work. Then you just need a garden hose to pipe thread adapter. Or, replace the faucet with one that has a traditional aerator and eliminate the problem. How the heck do you clean out the screen on that faucet, anyway?

Python makes this universal adapter for faucets without or damaged threads. You just clamp on the rubber boot to your faucet. Looking at your picture, I'm not sure if there is enough of a neck to attach it to but worth a try.
View attachment 223573

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. Definitely worth a try!

The Claber Koala might work. Then you just need a garden hose to pipe thread adapter. Or, replace the faucet with one that has a traditional aerator and eliminate the problem. How the heck do you clean out the screen on that faucet, anyway?

Never heard of the Claber Koala. Great idea, thanks! Although from what I've read, it won't fit on curved faucets. Looks like I'll be replacing the faucet altogether, if the universal adaptor doesn't work...

You can put a wye on your washing machine hookups, then wye them together and get a mix of hot and cold... would only work for filling up. I always used the hose and siphoned out a window or in to a toilet or something for draining anyways. Or, you could always get a cheap faucet that has threads on it.

That sounds a bit beyond my diy abilities lol, but I'll ask the man in the house :) Thanks!

The bathroom is a bit far away, and there are two separate faucets for hot and cold water, so I'd probay be better off changing thr kitchen faucet if nothing else works.

Never heard of the Claber Koala. Great idea, thanks! Although from what I've read, it won't fit on curved faucets. Looks like I'll be replacing the faucet altogether, if the universal adaptor doesn't work...

All faucets have some curve unless they're those artsy, blocky ones. The faucets it won't fit are the arching type (upside down J) and anything that gets wide at the end. Your faucet looks fine for it. You can get one at WalMart's garden area and then return it if it doesn't work. Easier than a new faucet. Unless you want a new faucet... Perfect excuse. ;)

Back
Top Bottom