Python clarification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soytnly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Dumb question - I did search the site but need a clarification. I'm just getting back into fish after a number of years absence, and the Python seems to be a brilliantly simple newer innovation...but correct me if I'm wrong, it's of very little use to most people, at least I'd think so, in that if you have a traditional water softener, as I do, I can forget about the use of a Python. I would imagine that the exchange that occurs in the water softener essentially renders it useless for aquarium use. So for me and I'd guess many others, it's back to the bucket brigade and microwave (I think I'll use a rubbermaid tub again to get the water ready as I did in my salt days). Please correct me if I'm wrong or if there's something that I'm not seeing - thanks!

Many people use the python with water softners. I have in the past and plan on starting up my water softner again soon. You just mix the hot and cold water to match the temp in the tank. If you haven't used softened water for water changes. Do smaller changes until the fish acclimate to the difference.

No kidding...

I didn't think I could do that, but maybe that's a reaction from when I was into salts. Wow, if that's the case, I would jump on that bandwagon (Python)...what a huge help it'd be :)

Outstanding

I'll be sitting in the front row waiting for the narration 'and on your left, you'll see a beautiful school of neons being sucked into a Python'.

I'm so there, I'll head to Wally World right now to get one :)

I just bought one

at The Mart for about $31, groovy device :)

Back
Top Bottom