Python specs and measurement? O.o

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gnarls Gnarlington

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to buy one of those Python, Aqueun or other knock-off tank cleaners. But my 1960's era bathroom sinks look kind of shallow. My kitchen sink is clear on the other side of the house.

I do have an outdoor faucet outside but that doesn't deliver heated water.

Would you guys measure that part that screws into the faucet? I really don't know what to do if it won't fit. I'm not into lugging buckets around the house!

Last edited by a moderator:
I called Python (their stuff is impossible to find!) and they told me that the adapter itself is about 5" and the attachment part is another 1". So it's 6" total.

They guy was nice and said that I really should consider using the kitchen sink even if it is on the other side of the house because it usually has more pressure and the drain is wider for more flow.

I have a retractable Moen in my kitchen and there's much lower water pressure with certain faucets. The fancy ones in the bathrooms are slightly better but don't compare to just a open utility sink faucet.

I have the best luck using an adapter and the coupling from the python where it connects to the actual faucet piece. I don't even use the part that hooks to the sink anymore. I simply attach my adapter to the sink, then use the hose coupler to fill. To drain I use a window.

Back
Top Bottom