Python Vac accessories....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FMJnaX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone know where to get them? I'm guessing that maybe a standard fitting from Lowes/Home Depot will work just fine, but I haven't checked it out yet. Basically, the white fitting that came with it won't fit on any of the faucets upstairs so I need to find one that will...

Agreed. I got mine at menards. It was very cheap. But I like it cuz it is metal and doesn't wear out like the other plastic parts.

Your local hardware store should carry a faucet adapter to hook a water hose to your sink, thats all you need, just be sure to buy the brass one

Next time you buy from an online fish store, buy an extra faucet adapter for the python. Sooner or later you will break one, and its nice to have the spare one on hand to keep going. But as to your original question, sometimes your faucet has a ring screwed onto the faucet threads that makes fittings not fit. If you remove the ring, standard faucet threads lie beneath. If not, then its off to the hardware store as stated above.

also make sure if you remove the ring you remove all of the gaskets.. I had a little rubber gasket stuck inside the faucet adn until I found it and removed it, the python wouldn't work.

Back
Top Bottom