Python water changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been looking into this. I'll need the 50ft in order to use it on both my 47 gallons.

My questions are. Does the python have a rubber adaptor that can be pushed over the whole tap? My Taps are old and it doesn't look like I have a screw thread on them.

Also are there other products like the python for cheaper that allow you to remove and fill the water?

Here is a picture of my tap.

Attachments

• image-3369343176.jpg
    image-3369343176.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 75
I have been looking into this. I'll need the 50ft in order to use it on both my 47 gallons.

My questions are. Does the python have a rubber adaptor that can be pushed over the whole tap? My Taps are old and it doesn't look like I have a screw thread on them.

Also are there other products like the python for cheaper that allow you to remove and fill the water?

That plastic bit on your tap maybe removable but it might not go back on!!. You may need to change the tap. A mixer tap is best because you can mix the hot/cold water to get the right temperature. What type of filter do you have??

The aerator will come off, it just needs some persuasion normally the first time.

I have a 50' python that was only used like 5 times( I switched to sw) I'll sell it and ship it to you if you'd like, for cheaper than you can buy it. Message me if you're interested.

ForumRunner_20131206_120339.jpg

This is the fitting it comes with, its a 1/2in (garden hose fitting).
ForumRunner_20131206_120445.jpg

I also have these fittings for it, you can have these too if you want

ForumRunner_20131206_120806.jpg

ForumRunner_20131206_120840.jpg

the app always rotates my pictures, I don't know why

The aerator will come off, it just needs some persuasion normally the first time.

I have a 50' python that was only used like 5 times( I switched to sw) I'll sell it and ship it to you if you'd like, for cheaper than you can buy it. Message me if you're interested.

View attachment 210841

This is the fitting it comes with, its a 1/2in (garden hose fitting).
View attachment 210842

I also have these fittings for it, you can have these too if you want

View attachment 210843

View attachment 210844

the app always rotates my pictures, I don't know why
In your last picture, what is the grey rubber part for. What does it screw into. I have the Aqueon and can't get a full seal from my tap. I'm thinking this might help???. I have that brass adopter but still can't get a proper seal and it is effecting the suction.....

In your last picture, what is the grey rubber part for. What does it screw into. I have the Aqueon and can't get a full seal from my tap. I'm thinking this might help???. I have that brass adopter but still can't get a proper seal and it is effecting the suction.....

Its the same connector, but it can have a rubber tube slide in and then you tighten down on it with the hose clamp.

Its the same connector, but it can have a rubber tube slide in and then you tighten down on it with the hose clamp.
Does the clamp end fit around the tap and the silver end into the python main body??...
PS... Sorry for hijacking OP but this might help you too!!

It's a thoughtful offer but I'd rather buy it from amazon :)

It's a Christmas present anyway.

Thanks I'll try to get those plastic bits off with a flat blade.

It's ok I don't mind. That copy and paste didint come out quite right lol. How do you just extract bits if a post?

It's a thoughtful offer but I'd rather buy it from amazon :)

It's a Christmas present anyway.

Thanks I'll try to get those plastic bits off with a flat blade.

No problem, thought I'd offer.

And the aerator will screw off, not pop off.
It's ok I don't mind. That copy and paste didint come out quite right lol. How do you just extract bits if a post?
You click quote, OR select multiple posts then reply.

If your on the app, long press or tap the post to get the options up.

Online its about the same. Easier to see what to do though.

No problem, thought I'd offer.

And the aerator will screw off, not pop off.

You click quote, OR select multiple posts then reply.

If your on the app, long press or tap the post to get the options up.

Online its about the same. Easier to see what to do though.
Would you consider selling the two silver adopters, I have the brass one. Problem though, I live in Ireland. If it's too much hassle, it's fine.....

Would you consider selling the two silver adopters, I have the brass one. Problem though, I live in Ireland. If it's too much hassle, it's fine.....

Honestly, if you want to pay for shipping, I'll give them to you. But shipping may be much more than they're worth. I live in Texas, USA

Honestly, if you want to pay for shipping, I'll give them to you. But shipping may be much more than they're worth. I live in Texas, USA
I can't get anything over here like those adopters. It may be the difference between using and not using my water changer!!. Would you have any idea, even a rough guess what they would cost to ship??. We don't have/use postcodes over here.....

Back
Top Bottom