QT Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are those pre-set heaters (50w) at Walmart any good for let say, a 10g qt tank lol. I need one and they are the only ones I can find locally, for a qt will it be okay? Thanks.

IME, they suck. They don't keep the temp the same during the day, it is constantly fluctuating, too hot and too cold. I had the WalMart Tetra heaters in all my tanks and have taken them all out because of it. Last week before I got the new Stealth for my bettas the tamp went from 80 to 74 in about 4 hours, I was freakin. But the bettas are okay now and the water temp is always the same.
Good luck!

Well thts just great. Thts the only kind my walmart has and all the lfs's heaters cost a little high. I think it was $33 for a 50w heater.

IME, they suck. They don't keep the temp the same during the day, it is constantly fluctuating, too hot and too cold. I had the WalMart Tetra heaters in all my tanks and have taken them all out because of it. Last week before I got the new Stealth for my bettas the tamp went from 80 to 74 in about 4 hours, I was freakin. But the bettas are okay now and the water temp is always the same.
Good luck!
+1

i guess im the exception to the rule... i have had pretty good luck with the cheap preset walmart heaters (i got them for free with tanks on craigslist, no hatin), but in all honesty, they do pretty good imo. Theyre not the best, but for what they cost, theyre not too bad

I'm supposed to be getting some money this weekend so maybe I can buy it. I'm broke right now lol. Its too bad I can't really have fish in my qt til I get it.

i guess im the exception to the rule... i have had pretty good luck with the cheap preset walmart heaters (i got them for free with tanks on craigslist, no hatin), but in all honesty, they do pretty good imo. Theyre not the best, but for what they cost, theyre not too bad
there is no exception. in a qt you want to be able to change temp and control it.

Well I found a heater, but it has no suction cups. Do you think I could keep fish in this, with the heater like this until I get a new one soon?
img_1057565_0_eba085983ac2fa544d2d0451095a9440.jpg

img_1057565_1_0cb7ad732322270d6925c8b34a339199.jpg

Back
Top Bottom