Question about airstones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drayven

Aquarium Advice Activist
So while my tank has been cycling I've been keeping an eye on it and I noticed that one of the back corners looked a little still so I decided to put an airstone in just to kinda agitate the water and make sure nothing sits back there too long. I ended up getting a Petco brand air pump that has 2 outputs so on one I have like a 6" bubble bar and the other tube is just using the standard little 1" round stone that came with the pump. My main question is this. I took the round stone and tucked it down inside some rocks on the edge of the tank so that you can't really see it at all and the bubbles just come out of this hole in the rocks and I think it looks pretty spiffy but the path of the bubbles means that if fish want to get into one of the PVC caves they'll have to swim through the bubble column because it covers probably half of the cave entrance. Will fish swim through a bubble column like that or will the cave likely be wasted?

Also as a side question, does anyone happen to have one of those PetCo air pumps? It claims that the power is adustable but I'll be if I can figure out how, the model number is 9902 if that helps at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about the pump, but my fish play in the bubbles from my 18" bubble wall along the back of the tank.

Fish do love bubbles, snails too. But I would be inclined to not put it in the cave.

Just watch them and see if they use the cave. I would think that you won't have a problem, but I have been wrong before.

Back
Top Bottom