Question about auto top off system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, I run my auto top off from a 32 gallon rubbermaid trashcan behind my tank. This gives me about a month of top offs before I have to re-fill the container. My question is if I am doing this right. The rubbermaid trashcan has a lid on it so the water is always in the dark, when my float kicks on the can fills about .75 - 1 gallon into the back of the sump. Because its a small volume of water and pumping it to the back of the sump allows it plenty of mixing time, I am currently not concerned with any PH or SG fluxuations. This sound about right? Should I have any concerns about keeping this water in the dark for four weeks at a time?

Thanks!

If you are not worried about the PH flux then, the only thing you might want to concider is to drop a powerhead in there just for cirulation. Else looks good to me.

Well im going to go get myself a maxi12 to stir it up and get the system going. Thanks for the help I wasn't going to add a PH until you mentioned it, but makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom