Question about lights for tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Other than promoting an insanely large amount of algae ( idk if it will cuz of the k rating), not really

depends, the way i understand it if you plant very heavily from the start and with this much light you would want to supplement co2, otherwise your gonna have an algae problem. You could also raise the light higher if necessary. of course this is all assuming this is a mh fixture. I have a 250 watt 20000k over a 36 for my clam. just watch out for heat.

Yeah I will supplement CO2 as well as ferts. I'll also put a sun screen as a cover and raise the light above the tank.

it should work, on the other hand i did find some par 38 leds at lowes for like 40 apiece. I have been really impressed. and they dim.

20979-albums2034-picture13579.jpg
hhere was about 2 months ago.

That's the tank with the LEDs you found? Looks good!

The light fixture itself is off a nano cube tank, but instead of 14k it's at 6500k.

Haha the plants have taken over! It's the halogens I see.
What all is in your tank as far as for the plants? That's the look I want to get, plants everywhere.

not halogens, but led. i think they are 18 watts each. as far as plants, i dont know i got a bag of plants from the lfs and spent hours separating them out.

only iron, but there is alot of fish in there,I used kitty litter for the substrate, took days of gravel vacuming to remove all the silt but was worth it in the end.

on the water, to help keep it cool. I run clip fans on my reef tanks and they make a noticable diffrence, just have it set to come on with your light. You will evaporate alot more water, I would try it without the fans first and see what your temp fluctuations are. If it is too much then use the fans.

Okay it'll most likely not have any fish for a while just plants. So I'll try it without fans and if it gets to high I'll add 2 clip fans on each side. I think this plus raising the light will help the tank.

Back
Top Bottom