Question about Lunar Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a bunch of these LED stick up push lights. They have just been sitting around, the light is a bluish white. They dont work well for what they are made for, not bright enough. You have to hold them right up to whatever you want to see, and when mounted on the wall...I think you get the picture. They are just getting in the way of my tool closet(the only room I got for them). I have been looking into lights recently and I saw how many use LED's for lunar lighting. I also saw the seprate LED lunar lights. I was thinking about buying one when I opened my tool closet and saw the stupid thing on the wall. Wheels started turnin. I took the light apart, made a few modifications. That is the stage the pictures are at. I have planed a way to incase the device and gaurd it with a piece of acrylic(not done yet). But before I proceded I wanted to know if it was worth it. Can I use this as a Lunar Light? If so I could make multiple ones and put them all around the top. Hopefully Im not sounding like an idiot, but hopefully this works. They are battery powered, something I feel is a downfall.

Well here they are, finished them up just in time. Tomorrow im going to tweak a few things I think. What do you think? Are they too bright? My girlfriend thinks there too bright. Still dont know if there good anyway, no one had replied so I went ahead. What are the benifits of Lunar Lights?

Good idea! Those look like they work pretty well, and yeah, no problems with using them. Just make sure they're secure enough to not fall in the water.

Well that's the whole idea of lunar lights. Unless they are times to the annual cycle of the moon, they are just there to allow you to see your tank at night without shining a flashlight into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom