Question about protein skimmer?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wreck_it_Pabs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just put this protein skimmer together..!! My question is why there is water coming out of the small air hose?!

image-1747579858.jpg

I think you either a) have the venturi hose on the wrong side of the pump or b) have the wrong end of the pump in the skimmer. The correct order is venturi fitting/pump/skimmer

I think you either a) have the venturi hose on the wrong side of the pump or b) have the wrong end of the pump in the skimmer. The correct order is venturi fitting/pump/skimmer

Maybe but as soon as I take out the pump out of the skimmer then it stops and it generate bubbles

What kind of pump is it? It doesn't look like, from the pic, that it will do anything BUT shoot water out of the hose...

You can't do that. It's a penguin power head. It's build just like a maxijet, and is set up correctly. the water rushing through the tube should pull air through the airline as it goes by. It's not a good skimmer. it's a seaclone or similar. Not going to do much good at all, but he's got it right from what I can see.

Maybe the skimmer is supposed to be in deeper water. It might make it easier for the pump to push water into the skimmer, thus creating less back pressure and allowing air in......just a guess...

If the airline was swept at an angle, id say yes it would pull air, but at a 90 degree angle id think that its just going to push water up it

It's still hooked to the same nozzle which is sticking straight out of the volute. I don't think it matters what angle the tube is.

Back
Top Bottom