Question about Tank & Stand Fitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cloaker

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a 26g bowfront starter kit but it didn't come with a stand, so I bought a stand meant for supporting 29 to 37 gallon tanks.

This is my question - the stand is rectangular, while the tank is a bowfront. There is a 3" gap from the side of the tank to the edge of the stand, and about 1" from the front to the edge of the stand. Will this be okay? I haven't been able to find any information regarding whether or not the tank's footprint should identical to the stand, and pretty much all the pictures I've seen online have tanks with matching stands.

I haven't filled this tank with water yet to start cycling because I am worried I'll come home one day to see my place flooded (with a broken tank / equipment).

Thanks so much!

IMO if the tank is supported and not hanging over the edge of the stand it should be ok. I once used a bow front stand for a 30 gallon with no problems. If the tank hangs over the edge then a piece of 3/4" plywood under the tank should work. Good luck.

Okay I should be fine then, the stand is larger than the tank in both length and width. Thanks!

Yes, if the full perimeter of the tank is supported, you should be okay

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

IMO if the tank is supported and not hanging over the edge of the stand it should be ok.
If the tank hangs over the edge then a piece of 3/4" plywood under the tank should work. Good luck.

took the words right out of me mouth. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom