question for brendan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattt6511

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey i had a quick question about the loc-line what nozzles do you recomend me using on my tank also do you the think the loc-line pliers are worth buying... thank you very much

I put my loc-line together with my hands (no pliers) It is not the easiest thing to do. I guess it depends on your size/strength. I have the 3" fan nozzles and run about 800-1000GPH through them. Since you are using less flow (300 GPH?) I would go with the 1.25 nozzles. Feel free to PM me.

where's a good place to order the loc-line...it's expensive!
LFS wants 8$ a nozzle!

Naw, not cheap, just not foolish hehe
Already have the loc-line that came with my overflow, and wanna match it of course.

The best place, by far to order your loc-line from is: www.modularhose.com at least it was when we were looking to buy. We used the pliers. Whether or not it will be worth the money largely depends on how much of it you're going to have to do. If you've got lots of things to put togher the pliers are very handy. Otherwise it works best wet.

:lach: Phyl uses pliers. Not us macho men. She probably reads the instructions and ask for directions too.

I might ask for directions but I do NOT read instructions! The audacity! 8)

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the advantage of using Loc-line compared to PVC or regular flex tubing?

I do NOT read instructions!
Impressive! (y)
what is the advantage of using Loc-line compared to PVC or regular flex tubing?
Loc-line holds the bend you put it in. You can bend it to direct current where you want it and it will stay. If you need to change it a little just grab it and bend it where you need it to go. Good stuff. I have it on every outlet in my tank.

Still working on that. The motor on the first one quit when it got wet. :lol: You should have seen the sparks flying. It was quite a show.

hmmm

i would think you could use a worm gear to keep the motor away from the water... :p

It is make believe. To much planning will ruin it. I am now working on a way to replace the loc-line nozzles with pressure washers heads so I do not need soap. :D

Back
Top Bottom