Quiet aquarium bubbles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KreativJustin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I use a bubble strip in my 20 gallon and my 50 gallon. The 50 gallon has more bubbles, so it's a bit noisier. My 20 gallon doesn't generate all that much (a nice stream from an artificial figurine) but is still noticeably noisy, but not overly bothersome. I don't use a air pump on my 10, so there's barely any noise besides the HOB (and very very hard to hear unless it's dead silent in the room.)

I just want some quieter bubbles, I don't want to remove them, they help the fish and give some attraction. Anyone know of any ideas?

Hi KreativJustin,
Maybe try a different air stone. I just started using a "Silica airstone". Got it from www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com for $4.79
This Silica airstone creats smaller bubbles (less noise). The trick with airstones is you have to clean them often or replace them. Cleaning them is the way to go.

Dennis

I have that problem to. Any other advice on making bubble with out the noise?

I use a new air stone and i find it make more noise then the pump its self.

Are you getting noise from the air pump or the actual bubbles?

I have a fluval pump and cant get it to produce bubbles. For a few minutes last night it blew them then nothing today. I just cleaned all the filters, topped the tank up and put my water conditioner in but still no bubbles. Any ideas anyone

Suzzie said:
I have a fluval pump and cant get it to produce bubbles. For a few minutes last night it blew them then nothing today. I just cleaned all the filters, topped the tank up and put my water conditioner in but still no bubbles. Any ideas anyone

Sounds like your trying to use a fluval filter to make bubbles. Is this correct?

yes. i am thinking of getting another small pump and attaching one of those bar bubble things.. I cant remember wat they r called tho.

Back
Top Bottom