Quiet skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased a red sea prizm deluxe for my 30 gal FOWLR tank. I am trying to get it started, but it is very loud. I would rather buy a new skimmer than use this loud skimmer. I live in an apt building. I have to keep the noise down. I need something I can possibly hob. I am thinking either aqua c remora or CPR Bakpak 2? Is either one quiet and useful?

Hi, Maybe you can make some adjustments to quiet it... I had a seaclone skimmer years ago and some slight mods made it run quieter. Did you buy it new? If not maybe the pump needs cleaning or some new parts?

How is the tank? Done with your cycle? I think I'm done.. but going to test the rest of this week to make sure, just got 15more pounds of LR yesterday, cured, but you never know what can happen eh?

Did you order your clean up crew?

I tried it again and it seems to be working. It is foaming but it is not going into the collection cup. I assume when there is something to skim then it will go into the collection cup. It is not that noisy now. It must of been an air pocket or something. I am still waiting for an ammonia spike. I didn't order my clean up crew yet. Did you order anything yet?

Yeah, air in the line can make it noisy for sure... glad it is quieter. It might not have anything to skim just yet...

I had a spike and all things leveled out, I just got another box of LR from the LFS yesterday and I will maybe have another, although it was cured, so maybe not..

I did go get a 10pk of Blue legged crabs for $12.98 at another lfs, they are busy little things. They are cleaning up good. I will order off line more crabs abd snails too... makes me nervous though, never bought anything living off line.

I had a load of icky diatoms, major bloom - you have that yet? ACK! My poor rock looke da mess... but today I sat on a stool for about 45 minnutes and counted numerous new life forms, some feather dusters BRIGHT red... little, but pretty. Then I found a few hard stoney corals about pea sized... trying to ID them... saw a stars legs waving around too yeah! I wasnt sure anything made it. I havent seen many pods... I think most died off during my spike, they were floating around :(

Check your PM too

I just found some feather dusters. I am getting diatom blooms. If I can get a decent price then I will buy at my LFS. It just seems that I can get a much better deal online.

I'm getting a yellow liquid from the skimmer. It seems to be working good now. Still waiting for an ammonia spike. I will just wait patiently.

Back
Top Bottom