Recieved my Aqueon 25' water changer today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronjohn20

Aquarium Advice Freak
Out of the packaging everything looked great. Upon putting it all together. The new hose didn't go on very easy, had to heat it up to go all the way on. The blue selector valves were hard to turn the very first time but turn with ease everytime after. Haven't tried the suction action hooked up to the faucet yet but I suppose its just like any other water changer I've used, not very good. They work so much better throwing the hose out the window, in the tub, Ect. Ect. And just let gravity do the suction. Anyone else have any input, or similar accounts? I still say $30 well spent

I use the same thing. Just recently moved so I bought an extra 25' of hose to reach my sink but now I don't even drain water with that hose lol. I take my 3/4" tubing and start draining my tank out the window beside the tank. Then I start filling with the python directly fitted to the sink to stop leaks and wasted water. This way I have water draining and filling at the same time which let's me do a full swap out.

I also just toss the hose end out the front door. I use a dishwasher adapter and hook the hose directly to the sink to refill.

I bought 25' of tubing, drop the far end in the sink for the old water, then have a hose barb adapter plus a small clamp (purchased at Lowes for $1.90) to connect the hose to the faucet to refill the tank. Makes my 25% weekly changes on my 56 gallon tank take a lot less time, and less mess, too.

Edit to add: If you haven't already, I highly recommend a bulb starter for the siphon. That much tubing is a lot of sucking to start a siphon, and old fish water is nasty.

I must say the suction comeing from the faucet without the airiator on the aqueon is far better than the lee's ultimate gravel vac. Oh and today I figured out that I can reach all 3 of my tanks with the bathroom sink. I'm friggin exstatic lol

Back
Top Bottom