Recommend LED hood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baddog671

Aquarium Advice Activist
First post on this forum, so most importantly, hello! My gf had a small tank that wasn't in use, so I got it started about a week ago. By my measurements, it's a 18-19g tank.

My current hood has a broken flap which in itself is enough for me to want a new one, but it also isn't the brightest thing and is looking pretty dingy. Any recommendations on a budget LED hood? The opening measures 23 1/4" W x 11 9/16", so I'm assuming that is a standard 24x12 hood? First thing I've stumbled upon is a Marineland, but I don't know if it's junk or not, so asking you all!

NEW Marineland LED Aquarium Hood 24 BY 12 | eBay

Otherwise, simple freshwater community. Have had a 5" pleco in there for about 4-5 days and bought some neon tetras today.

Thanks!

Thanks for the link. I picked up a few bits of information, especially in the filtration section!

No prob. Happy fish = happy bobbyist. As far as the hood, don't have an experience with that particular one, but marineland is a solid company with an excellent customer service. I've seen them exchange their defective products for free even after it was past their warranty.

Back
Top Bottom