Recommendations for filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newlyobsessed

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have 1 goldfish and am looking for a used aquarium in my area that is suited for him. It looks like I'm gonna end up with a 55 gallon. What filter do you recommend. I've never had an aquarium before

I would say for a goldfish a HOB (hang on back) filter. They're one of the cheaper ones and provide good current and oxygenation. Almost all petstores will have them, id recommend aqueon or aquaclear as a good brand for it

For a goldfish I would go with an aquaclear 70 at least.

An HOB is going to be the most cost effective option with good mechanical and biological filtration for a goldfish. I would recommend something with media flexibility meaning you can put different kinds of media in it. These include the Hagen Aquaclear, the Fluval C series and the Seachem Tidal line.

Aquaclear 110 as goldfish are huge waste producers but remember you have to cycle the tank before you add the goldfish, I don't recommend goldfish in an aquarium tbh but that's the filter I would use

aquaclear 110 gets my vote..Maybe even with a second filter like the AQ70 also.
With two filters cleaning the filters will be safe and easy as you can one one week and the other on a different schedule to keep the BB active and in strength.I always buy my AQs online and look for the best deal..I have over 30 AQs and will buy more when I need them..Not one has caused trouble in years...

Back
Top Bottom