Recommended LED for a 72" fowler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm planning on upgrading to a 72" 225 tank. I currently have a 60" 150. I have an Advanced Marineland 48" with the integrated timer. I really like the light. It is plenty bright enough and I love the timer with the separate settings for the white and blue LEDs. The problem is, I don't think this is wide enough for a 72" Even with the 60", the back corners are a bit dimmer than the center. Is there a better option that will have the intergrated timer but is wider? I'm very handy with electronics and soldering so maybe I can buy a couple LED strips and solder them in, but I don't want to overload the circuit. I have a "predator" tank so I have no intention of ever having corals, so light intensity/wavelength is not a concern. I'm planning on upgrading to a 72" 225 tank. I currently have a 60" 150. I have an Advanced Marineland 48" with the integrated timer. I really like the light. It is plenty bright enough and I love the timer with the separate settings for the white and blue LEDs. The problem is, I don't think this is wide enough for a 72" Even with the 60", the back corners are a bit dimmer than the center. Is there a better option that will have the intergrated timer but is wider? I'm very handy with electronics and soldering so maybe I can buy a couple LED strips and solder them in, but I don't want to overload the circuit. I have a "predator" tank so I have no intention of ever having corals, so light intensity/wavelength is not a concern.
I'm planning on upgrading to a 72" 225 tank. I currently have a 60" 150. I have an Advanced Marineland 48" with the integrated timer. I really like the light. It is plenty bright enough and I love the timer with the separate settings for the white and blue LEDs. The problem is, I don't think this is wide enough for a 72" Even with the 60", the back corners are a bit dimmer than the center. Is there a better option that will have the intergrated timer but is wider? I'm very handy with electronics and soldering so maybe I can buy a couple LED strips and solder them in, but I don't want to overload the circuit. I have a "predator" tank so I have no intention of ever having corals, so light intensity/wavelength is not a concern.

Do they have timers or is the timer separate? Can you do realistic sunrise and sunset?

there dimmable but no they don't have a timer but they are a awesome light .
the colors they bring out I love them

Back
Top Bottom