rectangle tank on bow front stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valentyne1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi...I am new to the site...My name is valentyne1 and it is good to meet you all...I have a question about the stand I plan on using...Do I need the entire frame of my 75 gallon aquarium on the stand...I have a new rectangle shaped 75 gallon tank and I am wanting to put it on a 75 gallon bow front stand...The front two corners will not sit on the stand because of the bowfront shape of the stand. The tank will overhang about 3 inches on both sides just in the front of the tank...Will this be stable for the tank or should I buy a rectangle stand to fit it
Thank you
valentyne1

This might work for smaller tanks but for a 75 gallon I would never trust it. The 4 corners of your stand is what supports the weight of the tank. Remove 2 of those corners and you have a weight imbalance and causing stress on the setup.

I would look into a proper stand or a DIY fitted for the tank.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I wouldn't trust it tbh. I would look at getting your own stand. They can usually be made for a little cheaper than they can be bought for, so if you're at all handy you might look at doing it that way.

All the frame sections of the tank should be touching a flat strong surface.. If you have ends hanging off it can stress the glass and ive read stories of the bottoms just breaking because of it

Back
Top Bottom