reef octopus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
Alright i need some help with this skimmer.

I just want to know if the pump for the skimmer is submersible in water. If so, is it fully submersible. Also, anyone else who has a reef octopus that doesnt have the pump in the unit, could you give me some details and tips on this skimmer? Thanks.

Not sure I'm following you 100%.

I have an Octopus NW-150 skimmer. Yes, the pump is completely submersible.

In this photo you can see it up and running, maybe that will help answer your question.

IMG_2542.JPG

I think he has the HOB version. And if that's the case then the pump should be totally submersible.

Yes, the pump is fully submersible. That is the advantage of the skimmer you have over the bh1000 and bh2000. The bh1000 and bh2000 have external pumps which some people have experienced noise with. With the bh100, 100f, 300, 300f the pump is in the tank. Thus, no noise.

True, i figured it out tho. There was this extra piece that i thought screwed onto the air valve on the pump but it didnt. This extra piece made it look freakin gigantic. But now its just like a little box in the water so its alright. It still is sort of annoying to have a decent sized black block floating in the water lol.

Eh, i dont think it is. I dont think the bh100 model comes with a surface skimmer. Plus, it was just a piece that had a three little slits on it.

But its no where near the surface? :s Its at the same depth as the entire pump.

Yeah, but its not, which is why i dont think its a surface skimmer xD I think its just like an adapter or something. Idk what it is, but whatever it is, it doesnt make a difference to me.

Its all good. It didnt really matter whether it was or it wasnt a surface skimmer because it made the whole thing so much bigger than it really needed to be so i wasnt going to use it. Thanks for the help though guys.

Back
Top Bottom