Reef octopus 150 int

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masoniac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so I got this skimmer for Christmas from the girlfriend and for some reason I have never had more problems with a skimmer. My other skimmer was a seaside aquatics cs2 rated for 230G I absolutely loved this skimmer till about early December when I couldn't get it to skim like it use to. I have the Reef octopus in 8.5" of water its been about 3 weeks since its been set up so it should be broke in. I have tried raising it 2 inches and still it barely skims I always get this very very light green almost clear skimmate. I currently have a 75 gallon tank with a sump that holds about 15g in the tank is a percula clown, coral beauty, lyretail anthias, kole eye tang, and a small lionfish for the time being till he gets larger. I've been battling a nitrate problem since about thanksgiving (my tank sitter said they looked hungry everyday I checked the tank) and they hang about 80ppm. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this skimmer I want this skimmer to work since my girlfriend did get it for me would hate to make her look like she bought a bad skimmer. Any help would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom