Reef Octopus NWB150 vs. Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishStarter89

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am purchasing my first protein skimmer for a new 75g that I am currently in the process of setting up. I am stuck deciding between the Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel 125 which is on sale for $135.99 here:

Aquarium Protein Skimmers: Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer

I am also considering the Reef Octopus NWB150 because of the high recommendation I have seen in various forums. It is currently retailing for $224.99 on almost every site.

I am leaning towards the Coralife primarily due to budgetary concerns (I am budgeting a steep entry cost into this hobby as I am basically having to buy everything I need at once), and also because my LFS hyped it up to me (probably because it is the only protein skimmer they sell. They have it priced at $255 :huh: ) however, if the Octopus is absolutely better and will last longer, etc., I would rather just take the loss now than take a greater one later.

I am hoping someone more knowledgable than myself can help explain to me the difference between these two skimmers and help me make a decision.

Back
Top Bottom