Refractometers....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The one I have looks very similar and works very well. I would say that it was just an unfortunate event that you received it broken. They work pretty much the same way, temperature compensation, light refraction trough the water, etc... Perhaps if it was really cheap, like 15$ brand new, then I would question the quality. Of course, you can always purchase the "really" good one, but they sell for well over 200-300$, and even much more.

HTH

Cheers,

8)

I agree with Serge. It's an auto temp correction model which is about all you need. They all work about the same. If you're a repeat cusomter the Drs. will cross-ship on occassion. They did that for me for a $900 light fixture (twice).

Cool, I think I will spring for the $100 one as opposed to the $45 one. Thanks!

The one linked looks fine to me. It looks like it has a spot for a calibration screw. You will want one that can be calibrated to pure water at 1.0000 salnity. Once the unit is calibrated you wont need to calibrate it very freqently.

Thanks for the feedback, but the one I got, had a plastic "day arm" (sorry I can't remember the name (the part that flips up), and seemed kinda cheap...I imagine they all are generally plastic connectors....

The clear flap that covers the water on the lens area is plastic on my model. The unit should be well constructed with a metal handle that has some decent weight to it. The biggest cost of the unit is the prizm thats inside. My guess between the two units is that they use the same quality prizm and the upgrade one is just heavier construction.

Back
Top Bottom